Please email résumé to email@example.com.
Bierock, a restaurant and bar set to open in Spring of 2018 in Madison at the Northside Town Center at 2911 North Sherman Avenue, is seeking a dynamic culinary professional for the position of Prep Cook. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to put their own stamp on a restaurant that is fresh and new to the Madison food scene with a focus on local ingredients and a full-scratch menu.
The Prep Cook is responsible for meeting the needs of customers and supporting the department by receiving, cleaning, preparing and storing specific menu items in accordance with approved specifications of the restaurant’s menus and production sheets. This individual estimates food requirements, is responsible for the receiving, cleaning, preparing and storing of all raw ingredients received on site at the kitchen.
– Expectations of this position include:
- Responds to leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Represents the manager and senior leadership in day to day operation of functional areas.
- Supports manager’s role in scheduling and training employees and prioritizing work for others.
- Interprets procedures, ensures daily operations are maintained.
- Displays the ability to motivate them self and continually improve performance
- Acts as a role model and a conduit between leadership and the work team.
- Comfortable with the latest culinary trends and seeks out opportunities to enhance culinary skills.
- Pitches in and serves as a member of the team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Bierock Mission Statement, Vision and Values as described in our Associate Handbook by:
- Displaying a positive attitude and providing solutions, (not complaints), giving others the benefit of the doubt, and avoiding negativity.
- Assuming a sense of ownership by, staying informed, taking initiative to provide excellence with every encounter, and receiving criticism with a smile.
- Demonstrating excellent communication abilities by asking questions, providing suggestions, thanking others and solving disagreements-face to face, in a polite and respectful manner.
- Promoting exceptional teamwork, by working across departmental lines to serve our patients and guests, and by working tirelessly to maintain quality working relationships with coworkers, other departments and with suppliers.
- Performing all position duties and responsibilities in accordance with standards of Bierock SOP’s and local health department.
- Serves on local restaurant and chef committees willingly and as requested.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years related experience as a cook in a hotel/catering/restaurant environment with management responsibility a plus.
-Knowledge of quantity cooking procedures.
-Knowledge of special diets
-Knowledge of safe food handling practices.
-Able to meet deadlines.
-Ability to adjust to changing needs, timelines, requests.
-Basic computer skills.