Bierock announces its first job positing. Please apply via Indeed.
EXECUTIVE CHEF WANTED
Bierock, a restaurant and bar set to open in Spring of 2018 in Madison at the Northside Town Center at 2911 North Sherman Avenue, is seeking a dynamic culinary professional for the position of Executive Chef. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to put their own stamp on a restaurant that is fresh and new to the Madison food scene with a focus on local ingredients and a full-scratch menu You can learn more about the restaurant at BierockMadison.com.
The ideal candidate will possess an exceptional palate and a sound culinary perspective when developing original and uniquely beer-friendly dishes for our seasonal menus and special events. This is a full-time position expected to work between 45 and 55 hours per week primarily in the evenings depending on business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A basic knowledge of professional kitchen practices and procedures.
- Ability to understand, execute and develop recipes.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions in handling incidents at all types of events.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to properly train all subordinate employees in handling preparation and production during any type of service.
- Proven ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner with the public attending events.
- Ability to plan, service and supervise the kitchen with the assistance and cooperation of other staff members.
- Ability to anticipate equipment and other needs for production.
Please apply via Indeed.